CUH Hospital 2 New Operating Theatres
- Job: Electric & Instrumentation Installation in hazardous location
- Cost: €400,000
- Year: 2012
Kiernan Electrical were involved in the fit out of 2 number brand new state of the art operating theatres in Cork University Hospital. The 2 new theatres were installed to cater for orthopaedic & neurology operations.
We were responsible for:
Supply & Installation of critical life saving equipment including:
- New Surgeons eTCP Panel
- Theatre Control Panels (TCP), sometimes called Surgical Control Panels or Operating Room Control Panels, are the central focus for infrastructure controls as well as alarms and information required in an Operating Room. This focus has two main benefits; it allows the users to only have one familiar source of information and lets the facilities staff easily inspect and maintain several different subsystems, without disrupting the wall infection integrity.
- New patient tracking system
New PACS System
- A picture archiving and communication system is a medical imaging technology which provides economical storage of, and convenient access to, images from multiple modalities (source machine types). Electronic images and reports are transmitted digitally via PACS; this eliminates the need to manually file, retrieve, or transport film jackets.
- New UPS & IPS
- BMS Control Works
A new UCV Canopy –
- The operating theatre ceiling is the most important part of a hospital ventilation system. Also called UCVS (Ultra Clean Ventilation System), these sophisticated systems are actually a combination of a variety of elements, including gas tight welded pressure chambers, air filter housings or filter grids, HEPA filters, priming illumination and air diffusers.
- Complete electrical, data, comms & fire alarm fit out of the new theatres.